Blog post 4 – Happy digestion series
Sometimes despite all our best intentions our digestive system is still struggling.
These simple remedies may help in these cases:
- Try taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a little bit of water 15 minutes before eating.
- Chamomile tea soothes mucous membranes and contains a bitter principle to aid with digestion.
- Peppermint tea after meals aids digestion and reduces flatulence and bloating.
- Get your zinc levels checked with a simple taste test at your local pharmacy or health food shop. Zinc is an important nutrient needed for digestion but we are often low in it.
Some habits put undue stress on our digestive systems.
- Avoid eating after 8pm at night – your digestive system is closing down for the night.
- Don’t eat within 2-3 hours of sleep.
- Avoid chewing gum as this stimulates digestion and acid release in the stomach.